Thursday, January 31, 2013

An Overdue Update

Sorry I haven't updated the quotes in a few days but I've been pretty busy! I have been keeping track of quotes in a notebook to avoid forgetting any of them.

January 31, 2013
1st Grade Girl: Oh, I thought we had guidance today.
Me: Nope. Spanish.
...later in class...
Her: I'm a little sad.
Me: Why?
Her: I don't want to hurt your feelings. OK, now don't be upset but I just really want to have guidance. (She then grabbed my arm in a concerned manner) But don't worry, it'll be OK.

January 29, 2013
First Grade Boy: You know so-and-so in my class? He's actually starting to be real mean to other kids. He called a girl a b-u-t-t hole. That's not a word for school.
Kindergarten Boy: Your hair is magic.
Me: How do you say "it's hot" in Spanish?
Kindergarten Boy: It's hot means the thermometer goes way, way up.
Kindergarten Boy: My eyes are on my face.
Kindergarten Girl: Everyone's eyes are on their face...unless you don't have eyeballs.

January 30, 2013
Fourth grade and fried chicken...
Boy 1: Do you think they make a scented pencil that smells like fried chicken?
Me: I have no idea. Probably.
Boy 2: If my mom had let me I would've worn my shirt that says "I love fried chicken" today.
Boy 1: I wore this shirt.

Bigfoot and the boy with the fried chicken shirt...
Boy: How do you say "bigfoot" in Spanish?
Me: I'm not sure. Probably just Bigfoot because it's a name. But I'm not sure they have the legend of Bigfoot in Spanish speaking countries.
Boy: They should. He's real. I've seen him.

A kindergartener explains his family...
Boy: My mom has 1,000 kids.
Me: That's a lot.
Boy: Yea, but she can't fit them all in the car. That's why they live at home.

A third grade girl is afraid of missing me...
Her: I'm going to miss you Miss Black.
Me: Are you moving away?
Her: No, I mean in the summer. I'm going to Texas [I forget all the other things she said she is going to do over the summer].
Me: But then you'll be back here in August.
Her: Maybe in the fourth grade.
Me: Well, let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment