Thursday, January 10, 2013

At Long Last

I've been putting this off for far too long! Ever since I started teaching, I've enjoyed posting silly things my students say and do on my Facebook page. I get a lot of positive feedback about my stories from my friends and people have been telling me to set up some sort of blog for these quotes for quite some time.

The title of this blog comes from my new position at the elementary school level. The majority of my students insist on calling me Miss Señorita Black; it doesn't matter how many times I explain that Señorita means Miss in Spanish, they still call me that. I have to admit, it's pretty cute.

I never post the names of the students I'm quoting. Everything I post is all in good fun. We all know that kids can say some of the funniest things, I'm just taking the time to document them.

My goal with this blog is to post the funny things I hear at the end of every school day (although I'm sure there will be some days where I don't get around to it). I'm not sure if I'll take weekends off or not. I also plan on inserting quotes from the pre-blog days. After all, I've been working with students since the fall of 2009 and I already have a stockpile of classic interactions!

No comments:

Post a Comment