Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16, 2013

It was a fairly eventful day, so let's get started.

Fifth Grade Comparison: Spanish v. Guidance...
Me: I'm only here for 30 minutes and then you all have guidance.
Student Responses
  • I wish you could stay the whole time. We hate guidance.
  • She shows us a PowerPoint with like this many (arms wide apart) words on one slide.
  • We sit and act like we're paying attention.
  • See, even the good children don't like it.
My kindergartener who always tells me about his clothes was outside this morning, just touching branches covered in ice...
Boy: Wow. That's cold.
Me: Well, that's how ice works.

Showing a PowerPoint in the fourth grade...
Boy: Here Miss Black, you can use my flash drive if you need to.
Me: I don't need it right now but thank you.

A kindergartener's reaction to the Sesame Street videos Hace Calor and Hace Frio that I showed to his class...
Miss Black, that was so much silly!

Waiting for a first grade class to return from the bathroom...
Girl: This [eraser] is a tattoo maker.

The girl who invented the tattoo maker having a disagreement with another first grade girl...
Girl 1: Your name in Spanish is just your name.
Girl 2: No it's not!
Girl 1: Miss Black, isn't your name in Spanish just your real name?
I shake my head yes.
Girl 1: See that head shake? Ooohhhhh!

Waiting for dismissal with 2 kindergarteners (I should add that the boy frequently does dance moves from Michael Jackson's Thriller after telling me, "I just can't stop doing this!")...
Boy: I don't think Michael Jackson is real.
Me: Well, he is.
Boy: No he's not. And guess what else? I don't believe in God.
Me: I don't know what to tell you because Michael Jackson is real. He's not alive anymore because he died, but he was a real person.
Girl: Really? I had no idea.
Boy: HE WAS A FAMOUS SINGER, WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIIIIEEEEEE?!

This isn't related to things children say, but it is about a teacher and it's hilarious: Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment