Monday, January 21, 2013

January 18, 2013

There weren't a lot of memorable quotes on Friday, but I did debut the fresh purple streaks in my hair which blew all the kids' minds. I think it makes me a rock star or something.

Discussing my hair with a third grade boy...
Boy: Is that a weave?
Me: No.
He looks at me with a doubtful expression so I lift up my hair to prove it it in fact, not a weave.
Boy: Aw it ain't a weave!

What's my age again? A kindergarten boy asks about my age (twice)...
December 4, 2012
Boy: Hey guess what? You're young!
Me: How do you know? You don't know how old I am. How old do I look?
Boy: You look like you're about eight.
Me: Touché.

December 7, 2012
Boy: Guess what? You still look like you're eight!
Me: Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot. You do realize that eight year olds are kids in the second grade, right?
Boy: Yep. And you look eight.

December 5, 2012 Another classic kindergarten question...
Kid: Is your name Miss Señorita Black because you're black?
Me: Do I look black?
Kid: No.

December 7, 2012 Random comments throughout the day...
First Grader: How do you say Taylor Swift in Spanish?
Third Grader: Miss Black, I'm wearing leather!
Kindergarten Class: Thanks for the goma! Thanks for the papel! We're using tijeras!

No comments:

Post a Comment