Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 15 & 19, 2013

February 15, 2013     A first grade boy explains where his sister is...

Me: Where's your sister?
Boy: She's sick. She puked.
Me: Oh that's too bad. Tell her to feel better.
Boy: I was sick. I puked 15 times in one week.
Me: Wow, that's a lot.
Boy: I said 15.
Me: I know. I said wow.

February 19, 2013     A gift from a second grade boy...

Boy: Miss Black, I got you something for Valentine's Day!
Me: You did? Oh wow!
Boy: Here (hands me a small box). It's tattoos! (Sure enough it is a box with 4 temporary tattoos)
Me: Awesome!

February 19, 2013     Always a fun time waiting with my kindergarten back door walkers at the end of the day...

Girl: My cousin is tall.
Me: Really? How tall is she?
Girl: About eight pounds.
Me: Eight pounds? That sounds tall.

Boy: How's your booooyfrieeeend?
Me: He's good. We went to a nice dinner on Friday for Valentine's Day.
Boy: I didn't like it! And I'm still jealous.
Girl: What did you have?
Me: I had steak and it was really good.
Girl: Oh, I've had that.

Art Teacher: Guess who's going to be helping out in art class when you're in there?
Girl: Who?
Art Teacher: Your sister.
Girl: Oh, I know her!
Me: I should hope so.

October 1, 2012     Apparently I can never take off my glasses. I removed them to adjust my headband and here were some second grade responses...
  • Whoa, you look weird without your glasses.
  • Yea...you don't look like you.
  • Put them back on; it's better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment