Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013

I was introducing "Rana" (the weather frog) to a first grade class today. After we decide what the weather is like, we decide what Rana should wear for the day. We were going through all of his clothes and deciding on the best outfit...

Girl: Is he from our Sapo Song?
Me: Well, a sapo is a toad. He's like sapo a little bit, but he's a frog.

Girl: Is he a boy or girl?
Me: He's a boy.
Boy: Those look like girl shoes!
Girl: Why would you say that to him? That's mean! He is the very nicest frog!

Boy: Miss Señtorita Black, is he going to help us learn?
Me: He did just help you learn. He's helping you learn clothes.

Girl: Does he ever get sad?
Me: Well, I've never seen him get sad. But I'm sure he can get sad.
Girl: What makes him sad?
Me: When classes don't behave and follow the rules. Some people are not listening right now and that is making him sad.
Girl: But he's not crying.
Teacher's Assistant: Not yet.
Me: He gets sad in his heart.

Boy: Wanna know why there's no ice?

Me: Why?

Boy: Because I broke it all off the car and ate it.

Girl: Eww. Also, don't eat yellow snow. Because it could be dog pee.

Fifth grade proves I'm the best around...

Boy 1: Miss Black is the coolest Spanish teacher I know because she knows what memes are.
Me: That's right!
Boy 2: You only know her and the Spanish teacher from last year so she can't be the best.
Me: Yes I can! He knows 2 Spanish teachers therefore I can be the best.

Another episode of kindergarten dismissal...

Girl: I figured out what grade my cousin is in. First grade.
Me: I thought you said she was in middle school.
Girl: She is.
Me: So you mean sixth grade. And she's still tall?
Girl: Yea. Eight pounds.
Me: Wait, yesterday she was nine pounds tall!
Girl: Actually it's ten pounds.

Boy: This is ballet.
Me: I didn't know you could do ballet!
Boy: I just knowed it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment