Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27, 2013

Reading Huevos Verdes con Jamón (that's Green Eggs and Ham, in case you don't know) in kindergarten...

Me: ¿Podrías comerlos con una cabra? (Would you eat them with a goat?)
Boy (under his breath): Chupacabra! Chupacabra!

A lot of my students seem to know about the chupacabra. It's a little disturbing, but mostly it's awesome!

A second grader interrupts me to ask an important question...

Girl: Why does everything say "Made in China"?

During dismissal time I was asking a kindergarten girl what her favorite part of school was, then her second favorite, and so on...

Her favorites are: recess, snack, lunch, math, the other recess, something else...
Me: What's your seventh favorite thing about school?
Girl: Spanish class.
Me: Wow! Seventh? Spanish is your favorite after recess, snack, lunch, math, and the other recess? So it's practically your favorite thing.

October 17, 2012     A teacher whose child goes to Squires told me this...

Teacher: I forgot to tell you this, but a few weeks ago, my daughter said, "Mom, have you talked to the principal about the new Spanish teacher?" and I said, "No...why?" And she said, "She's awesome! I am learning so much Spanish!"

October 10, 2012     A nickname from a fifth grade boy...

Boy: See ya, Brosky.
Me: Did you just call me Brosky?
Boy: Yep.
Me: OK...just checking.

October 2012     A fifth grade boy found out that I am familiar with the cartoon "Adventuretime" and Internet memes. I guess that makes me pretty cool because he kept trying to suggest that we hang out sometime outside of school. He was awkward and it kept coming off like he was asking me out. (I said no, BTW).

October 8, 2012     The first time I put purple streaks in my hair...

4th grade girl: I know who you are. You're Katy Perry. You have purple hair, you're 27, and you're from America.

October 4, 2012     Apparently if I were married, he'd take my name...

Several Students: What about Mr. Señorita Black? What does he do for a living? Where is he?
Me: There is no Mr. Señorita Black.

October 4, 2012     While collecting folders with a few moments to go in a fourth grade class, a boy got up and grabbed my arm...

Boy: I think it's time for you to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment