Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013

Only I feel supremely guilty when I'm behind in my blog posts. As though reading these posts is the only thing that keeps some people going. Whatever.

February 5, 2013 Sometimes a kindergarten girl and I discuss her various pets. I should mention that she often pronounces the letter r like a w which makes this even cuter...
Girl: My cousin is coming to stay with us and she knitted me a hat with a pom pom on it.
Me: That's cool! Does she like IO (family dog)?
Girl: Yes. She doesn't like our pig.
Me: Oh no! What's his name again?
Girl: Brutus.
Me: That's right. Brutus the Pig.
Girl: Just Brutus; not Brutus the Pig. He's not a superhero.

February 6, 2013 A random assortment throughout the day...
  • You're a good teacher. -First Grade Boy (awwww)
  • I always want to be by Miss Black! -Kindergarten Girl (awww, again)
  • Oh no, my backpack is breaking my bones. Ahhhh! -Fourth Grade Boy
February 7, 2013 Behavior reminder in the second grade...
Me: Remember to sit next to someone who's going to help you make good choices.
Girl (grabs my arm): I know, that's you!
Me: Me? I help you make good choices? Well, good.

Relationship discussions with kindergarteners...
Boy: You don't have a child!
Me: Nope, I don't have any children. But I'm not married yet.
Boy: You don't have a husband?!
Me: No.
Boy: You don't have a boyfriend either!
Me: Yes I do!
Girl (in a dreamy voice): And some day you'll marry him...
Boy: No you don't. You don't even have a picture of him.
Me: Bam! (Showing him a picture on my iPhone)

No comments:

Post a Comment