Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 8, 2013

We weren't supposed to have school today, but it was a makeup snow day. I'm not sure why I'm including that information in my post, but there you go.
A first grader comments on my headband which is red with large white polka dots...
Him: It looks like you have horse teeth on your head.
Me: Good!

November 16, 2012 I'm thankful for...
The kids were decorating pictures of Thanksgivingy things and writing one Spanish sentence about what they are thankful for and one first grade girl wrote that she was thankful for Señorita Black. Adorable!

November 16, 2012 Nicknames from the third grade...
3rd Grade Girl: Is Ms. Peanut coming today, Cucumber?
Me: What?
Her: Oh, we made up code names for the teachers and that's what we call the guidance counselor. Yours is cucumber.
Me: Why?
Her: I don't know. Do you want to pick your own code name?
Me: Nope. Just curious where cucumber came from.

October 3, 2012 One of my favorite responses came from a first grade boy when I asked him if he was feeling better because he'd been out sick all week...
Him: I still don't feel good. And guess what? I can still cough. On Monday I threw up and let me tell you what it looked like. It looked like smashed chicken pot pie and orange juice. And one time my dad got a ticket and he wasn't even going fast and guess how much he had to pay? $300! And he wasn't even going fast! He was going to South Carolina where my cousin lives. And hey, did you listen to NPR today? Please say you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment