Monday, February 25, 2013

No Quotes for the Sick

I stayed home today since I appear to have pink eye again. I've had it about 4 times since Christmas. I never got pink eye as a child, but put me around the elementary school kids and I get pink eye like it's my job. The good news is that I'm learning to spot the symptoms early (and so is my mother; she's the one who called the latest "outbreak" yesterday) so I get medicine on it right away and it's not completely terrible.

I obviously don't have any quotes from today, so I thought I'd throw in some more quotes from my days as a high school teacher. These are all from the 2010-2011 school year...

Girl: Miss Black, if my water breaks in your class can I use my cell phone to call my mom?
Me: If your water breaks in my class you can do whatever you want.

Boy: Miss Black, you're the 7th letter in the alphabet.
Me: What?
Boy: A B C D E F G...you're a G.
Me: Ohhh...thanks.

Boy: I'm a one man Spanish machine!

Me: Number four says "escribe dos cosas que supiste," which means to write two things that you found out. OK (reading students' answers from the board) "Yo supe que mi gato murió." Um, that's really sad! Who wrote that?
Boy: Why, what does it say?
Me: It says, I found out that my cat died.
Boy: Oh. I don't have a cat.
Me: Well, that does make it less sad.

Boy 1: I have swagga.
Boy 2: What's that?
Boy 1: It's like a rapper thing. And also a ladies' man thing.

Me: I'm too lazy for that.
Kid: And that's what makes you a great teacher.

Boy (commenting on another student in the class): Man, he always be talking to the girls. He think he Dr. Phil or something?

Well that's it for today...anyone care to place bets on how many different students will ask what's wrong with my eye tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment