Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Not All Hilarious Quotes

There wasn't much to report yesterday...at least not much from kids. The most important things I took away from yesterday were:
  • Our school has made the most copies so far this year (I assume that's out of all the schools in the district). As of yesterday we were at 1,027,675 copies! Obviously we talked about reducing that number. But at the end of the day, we're still #1 at something!
    • I would like to add that I have only used 14,712 of my alotted 23,000 copies. And I have over 600 students. I'm not trying to brag or anything...oh wait, yes I am. We were never given our copy totals at my old school. I'm sure that would've been something to see! I only had 175ish students but I know I made a lot of copies. I also remember getting the copier code of the guy in charge of all the copiers so that I could use any machine in the building. So any total they gave me would be inaccurate anyway.
  • We did the Harlem Shake at the faculty meeting. It was planned for the faculty meeting several weeks ago (you know, back when the Harlem Shake was the viral video de jour) but we had a variety of conflicts so it had to wait until this week. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it. Kids are never very concerned with what's hot and what's not. I mean, half these kids still talk about Gangham Style. Is that how you spell that? I'm not sure and I don't care to find out because that's how little I care about it.
  • There's this thing called the Tell Survey. It's an anonymous online survey about your school. We're not obligated to fill it out, but obviously it is encouraged so that the powers that be can get [hopefully] honest feedback and make improvements. There are various incentives for schools with 100% completion and our principal added (in my mind) the best incentive of them all: Jeans Day every day until Spring Break (March 29th). That means that we could've had two weeks of nothing but jeans. I say could've because some people haven't taken the flipping survey yet! We're only missing two teachers and I'm ready to hunt them down and force them to complete the survey. Who doesn't want to wear jeans? Jeans are amazing. These people are ruining it for everyone! I even sent around an email (and announced at the faculty meeting) that you don't want to get between me and jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment