Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013

I've started a new vocabulary unit with my third, fourth, and fifth graders. The unit is about food and on the first day they have to answer a few questions including trying to guess my favorite food.

4th Grade Boy: Have you ever eaten human flesh?
Me: No. Why would I have eaten that? I mean, I suppose if someone prepared it for me and didn't tell me. But I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten human flesh.

Boy (I forget his grade): You don't like milk?
Me: Nope.
Boy: My brother's going to kill you.
Me: That seems a bit much.

Dismissal time...

M: Ladies don't go first anymore!
Me: Really? I hadn't heard that.

Girl: Why are there so many people who know who I am?
Me: It's because of your sister. They know who she is. You're famous.
Girl: I'm not famous! My house is small!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see this last one but the computer teacher told me about it. An older student was typing up a story and wanted to use the word Caucasian. In most sensical languages, you could sound it out phonetically and be good to go. But English is a non-sensical language which explains why she typed cock-asian.

No comments:

Post a Comment