Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21, 2013

A new fusion recipe comes from discussing our new food vocabulary in the fourth grade. He said this while holding onto my shoulders and looking straight into my eyes as though this were a matter of national security

Boy: What if we put cheese and meat together and made a smoothie?
Me: Umm, I don't know about that.

Kindergarten discussions...

Girl: Miss...umm...Miss...mucho calor!
Me:  Did you just call me Miss Mucho Calor? Miss Very Hot?
Girl: Yea!

Girl 1: She's a cheerleader.
Me: Cool.
Boy: She's not a cheerleader. She's too old.
Girl 2: I'm 6.

As I listened to some fourth grade boys trying to define unknown words for their reading teacher I determined that having kids define words is like the scene in Anchorman where Ron Burgendy says that diversity is a very old wooden ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment