Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013

What's My Age Again?...Kindergarten Style

Girl 1: Your nails are pretty.
Me: Thank you. I was in a friend's wedding this weekend so we had our fingernails and toenails painted red.
Girl 1: Who?
Me: My friends? They're names are Caitlin and Michael.
Girl 2: Caitlin?! My best friend's name is Caitlin! She lives down the street from me.
Me: Oh my gosh, do you think it's the same one? Did your friend get married this weekend?
Girl 2: No, she's only 6.
Girl 1: How old was that one?
Me: She's 26. It must not be the same Caitlin.
Girl 1: How old are you?
Me: 28.
Girl 1: My mom is older than that. And my dad.
Boy: Do you have any kids?
Me: No, I'm not married.
Girl 1: Oh...she doesn't have any kids.
Girl 2: Moms are 60. She's not a mom yet because she's not 60. 60 is a mom age. My mom is 60.
Me: I'm pretty sure your mom isn't 60.
Girl 2: I think she is.
Me: Well, I've seen her drop you off in the morning and she's a lot younger than 60. You should ask her.

There's a third grade boy who can always entertain me with the things he imagines, today he started adding some of his own ideas to his book about food...

Me: What's that?
Boy: It's a space station.
Me: Underneath the piece of pizza?
Boy: Yea, and that's an astronaut.
Me: So, how many space stations do you think I've eaten if they're hidden underneath pizza?
Boy: It has windows.
Me: Good, so they can watch me eat them. And I see you drew the moon here by the sandwich?
Boy: No, that's a planet. Here's the moon.
Me: Oh, a planet. Now I see the moon, over the spaghetti. And here's a star.
Boy: This is a bridge. It's an elevator. It goes from the space station to the pizza so they can eat it. I'm going to label it.

Later, he was drawing on the board...

Me: Whatcha doin'?
Boy: Nothing.
Me: Are you writing some 1's?
Boy: No.
Me: Oh, it's the letter i.
Boy: Yea. They're a family.
Me: A family of i's. OK.

You are dismissed...

M: My mom's boyfriend doesn't like me. He's mean to me. He does this [makes a face].
Me: That's not a very nice thing to say. I'm sure he likes you.
M: No he doesn't.
Me: That's not something we joke about, M.
M: Just kidding. My mom doesn't even have a boyfriend. She just has a...husband.

I forgot this one from Monday. I was in a third grade class when I overheard a boy singing...

Boy: Down, down, down...I fell into a burning ring of fire, I went down, down, down, down, down, down...
Me: Umm, could you stop singing Johnny Cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment