Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18, 2013

Things I've been called this week...

5th Grade Boy: Miss Whatchacallit
1st Grade Boy: She's an Organizer Lady!
Kindergarten Girl: Hey Miss Teacher

While waiting outside the fifth grade classes today, a boy approached me and started talking...

Boy: My dogs ate all the ice cream.
Me: Yea, dogs like ice cream.
Boy: And then people were asking all these math questions and it was hard.
Me: Are you taking crazy pills right now? Because that makes no sense.
Boy: Oh, I'm talking about a computer game.

Another fifth grade boy finished his work and began looking at a book with pictures of working conditions in the Depression (which is what they're learning about in Social Studies)...

Boy: There are demons in this book.
Me: What?
Boy: Look! Look at his eyes--there are no pupils. He's a demon.
(This went on for several minutes, apparently every other page of the book was home to a demon)
Me: OK, can you stop talking about people being possessed? It's kind of creepy.

Kindergarteners at dismissal time...

Girl 1: Let me see how many teeth you have. (She sticks her face in the other girl's mouth)
Me: Quit doing that, it's weird.
Girl 1: What? My mom's a dentist. Hmm, it looks like she has another tooth coming in here.

As a teacher, I have the "privilege" of reading about some of my more ignorant colleagues across the country and around the globe. It amazes me how many people have absolutely no idea of what is appropriate versus what is inappropriate. Check out this story for more detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment