Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24, 2013

In a first grade classroom there was a boy walking behind a girl asking her if a no-name paper belonged to her. She kept refusing to answer him and trying to hide...

Me: Sweetie, he's asking you if that's your paper. If it is you need to put your name on it. Why won't you answer him?
Girl: Because I'm shy.
Me: Oh, OK. Do you want me to get the paper from him?
Girl: Yes.

Explaining a word scramble game to a class of third graders...

Boy: So are the words in Spanish?
Me: I don't know; is this Spanish class?
Boy: Yes.
Me: Then yes.

At yesterday's dismissal, M decided to wander off without waiting for an adult. All crises were avoided and he knows not to do that now, but I was freaking out yesterday not only after I heard he was somewhat MIA but even after everything had calmed down. It was as though my body put off having a panic attack until a more convenient time. Here's our interaction at dismissal today...

Me: Well hello there, Escape Artist.
M: Why does everyone keep saying that word?
Me: Because one of us walked off without waiting for a grown up yesterday and it wasn't me.
M: Oh...yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment