Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9, 2013

First of all, I had a contribution from a friend at another school. She has lunch duty in the cafeteria (a fate I cannot fathom enduring) and today there was a student teacher helping her. In the middle of their duty (aka sentence) the student teacher came over to her...

Student Teacher: This is terrible. I'm contemplating going to the bathroom and commiting suicide.
My Friend: Welcome to my world.

I can't believe I forgot to include this yesterday! One of my kindergarteners loves to tell me all about his clothes (which are often Star Wars themed) when he gets out of the car in the morning and I swear he has a new shirt on every other day...

Boy: Well, I don't have a new shirt on today but I do have a storm trooper sticker.
Me: Sounds cool...I guess we can't have a new shirt every day.

Drawing food with fifth graders...

Boy 1: Can you help me draw a strawberry?
Me: Sure.
Boy 2: I asked you to draw me a strawberry, woman!
Me: Excuse me? Woman?
Boy 2: Aw, I'm just kidding.

I was having an issue with a third grade student in class in a class which is normally quite talkative, but of course they were very quiet in hopes of eavesdropping on my conversation with the student in question. Here's what happened later...

Girl: Man, we sure are quiet when we're nosy.
Me: I know, right?

I was actually on my phone when my kindergarteners showed up for dismissal yesterday so I didn't get to continue this conversation with M but here's his opening statement...

M: That was the best Spring Break ever! I gotta get a drink of water and then I'm going to tell you all about my Spring Break! Can I get a drink of water?

Today at dismissal...

M: I'm acting like a girl (doing ballet moves throughout the hallway)
Me: M, you didn't get to tell me about your Spring Break yesterday!
M: I can't tell you.
Me: What?! Yesterday you couldn't wait to tell me all about it.
M: I can tell him (another teacher).
Me: What's so secret that you can tell him and not me?
M: Fine, I'll tell you. I played video games! I just want to play video games. I don't want to think about any of my word wall words, I just want to play video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment