Saturday, May 25, 2013

End of the Year

Yesterday was the last day of school. It's been a whirlwind this last week or so. I can't believe I've already finished my first year teaching elementary school. This last week has been full of things like the talent show, fun days, 5th grade graduation, and much more!

Yesterday we had all the kids come to the library and watch movies during their special area classes. A kindergarten boy asked me what we were going to do and I said that we'd be teaching them all the things they need to know for first grade. About 45 minutes into Cars he looks at me and says, "Hey, this isn't about first grade!"

I also discovered that someone once heard a kindergartener describing me to his guardian. Apparently he said that he couldn't remember my name but that I was just like Dora.

At the end of the day, I had one final interaction with M as a kindergartener...

M: You have to hug me because I'm almost in first grade. I'm scare of first grade.

My plan is to keep the posts coming during the summer (using quotes from my high school students), so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment