Thursday, May 2, 2013

I've Fallen a Bit Behind

The past couple of days have been a little hectic so I've fallen behind in my quote posting.


Just in case you were curious about what
happened on Cinco de Mayo, here's a fifth
grade boy's interpretation of what I said.
Basically France invaded Mexico and the
French army was way bigger than the
Mexican army. But the Mexicans beat the
French on May 5, 1862.

April 30, 2013 & May 1, 2013

A morning greeting from a kindergarten girl who came running up to me, screaming...

Girl: MISS BLACK DID YOU SEE MY DOG IN THE CAR WITH ME FOR THE FIRST TIME? IT WAS ADORABLE!

Letting a first grade girl back into the building...

Girl: Hey Miss Señorita Black. I saw you and I knew you were the only one who knew me.
Me: You knew I was the only one who knew you? Well ok.

A fifth grade boy finds out I have a degree in international business...

Boy: So what if you got a job selling...chocolate. Internationally. Could you do it?
Me: I suppose so, but I would never do that.

While decorating maracas with first graders, some girls decided to draw flags on their maracas...

Girl 1: This is my own flag for my country. Because I might decide to start one in my room.
Me: Is that so?
Girl 2: I'm Mexican. So it's Mexico.
Me: You're going to take over Mexico?
Girl 2: Nah.
Girl 1: This is the flag for my country and if people are bad I shake it at them and I have a princess tent in my room and they go in there. And there's a sign on the door that says, "Kelsey's World".
Me: Oh, so it's an entire world now?

A fourth grade boy does not want to come to school...

Boy: I don't care, Grandpa! I don't want to go to school. Forget class. Forget the quiz. Forget the test. I'm going to fake sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment