Friday, May 3, 2013

May 3, 2013

I experience a lot of things during morning car duty; parents in pajamas, messy & clean cars, gospel music at full volume, awkward encounters in which parents are yelling at kids, and the list goes on and on. Many times kids have just finished or are in the process of eating breakfast in the car. This morning was no exception when I opened the door for a kindergarten girl...

Girl (to mom): Save that waffle!
Mom: Sure.
Me: You want her to save your waffle?
Girl: Yea!

Now that we're done with our Cinco de Mayo lesson and maracas craft, we're finishing up our food books in my kindergarten, first, and second grade classes. I always enjoy having kids explain their pictures to me...
Feeling hot, hot, hot!

Kindergarten Boy: This is hot ketchup.
Me: Hot ketchup?
Boy: And this is fancy mustard, it's spicy. And this is fancy mayonnaise.
Me: I don't think I've ever seen fancy mayon
naise before.
Boy: They have them in fancy restaurants.
Me: I notice that you've labeled it as hot, too. Do you like hot things?
Boy: Ummm, no.

Whenever kids see me without my glasses, they tend to flip out. They think it indicates a disturbance in the force or something...

2nd Grade Boy: You look new without your glasses.
Me: I look new?

No comments:

Post a Comment