Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

For the most part, every single kid seemed to have lost their mind today. Needless to say, I wasn't finding much of what they said to be cute or hilarious. But there were a few moments...

Food in kindergarten...

Boy: Does anyone know what mustachio means?
Girl: I've had mustachios. They're good. Miss Señorita Black, have you ever had mustachios?
Me: I think you mean pistachios. With a p. And yes I have.
Girl: I like to eat mustachios.
Boy: Mustachio is mustache.

First grade restaurant...

Girl 1: We're making a restaurant, Miss Señorita Black.
Girl 2: I'm the manager!
Girl 1: This is the thing that tells you what food we have.
Boy: Menu.
Girl 1: Yea, the menu. What would you like?
Me: Hmm...I'll take some helado.
Girl 1: That's what you got last time.
Me: Well I love it.
Girl 1: What else?
Me: Jugo.
Girl 1: What kind?
Me: Naranja.
Girl 1: Orange. OK. Here you go. That'll be $7. You give me $2.
Girl 3: And you give me $7.
Me: OK, here you go.
Girl 3: Here's your change.
Me: Wow, I didn't realize I got change.
Girl 3: Yea, we're the best restaurant because we give everybody change.
Girl 2: And I'm the manager!
Me: Well you're doing a fine job.

Phone advice in the second grade...

Boy: You got an iPhone?
Me: Yea.
Boy: What brand is it?
Me: Umm, it's an iPhone 5.
Boy: Oh. iPhone 5s break easy.
Me: That's why I'm careful.
Boy: If you drop it, the screen will crack.
Me: That's why I have a case.
Boy: Ohhh, a case won't help you if you drop it.

Confessions of M...

M: One time I kissted my ice cream.
Me: What?
M: One time I kissted my ice cream.
Me: Well, OK then.

No comments:

Post a Comment