Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9, 2013

Ribbit, ribbit! Look who was
chilling outside the building
this morning. Will he join the 4th
grade menagerie? Only time will tell.
The quotes got started right away this morning!

A brother (first grade) and his sister (kindergarten) were getting out of the car. I noticed the girl had some money in her hand...

Me: Oh, is that money for me?
Girl: No, it's for my lunch.
Me: Are you sure? That doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I told you to bring me some money.
Boy: There's a $100 bill at home. But you don't want that.
Me: Sure I do.
Boy: Well, OK.
Girl: I only have change.

Talking to a kindergarten girl who was absent yesterday, after her parents dropped her off in the morning...

Girl: Hi Miss Black!
Me: Hey! Where were you?
Girl: Uhh, in the car. (If it had been 1994 she would've added "duh" to her sentence)

A fourth grade boy still hates testing...

Teacher: Good morning, so-and-so. Have a good day.
Boy: NEVER!!

You say it's your birthday? A first grade girl got out of her car this morning and stood behind one of the teachers on morning duty...

Girl: Well, are you going to say anything to me today?...it's my birthday.
Teacher: Oh, happy birthday.
(Did I mention that the teacher doesn't know this girl?)

Finishing up food books in kindergarten with a boy I'll call B...

B: Hey Miss Señorita Black, have you ever had a red hamburger with a red bun and red cheese?
Me: No I haven't. Have you?
B: Nope. Look what I wrote next to the rice.
Me: It says hot. Is it hot rice?
B: Yea. I'm going to make all the foods on this page hot. Have you ever had...blue green spaghetti?
Me: Can't say as I have. Have you?
B: Hey, me and pizza are the same!
Me: You're the same as pizza?
B: Yea, B is B in Spanish and pizza is pizza in Spanish!
Me: Well I guess you and pizza are the same!

Boy 1: Look at my sandwich. I drew it with the top piece of bread up like this.
Me: Oh, like someone is just finishing making the sandwich and they're putting the top piece of bread on it. What a great idea!
Boy 2: Hey, come here. Look, I drew my sandwich with shoe bread.
Me: Oh wow. I see how the bread looks like a shoe. I've never had shoe bread.
Boy 1: I have!

Check out this poster drawn by one of our first graders! He won the Kentucky Proud Poster and Essay Contest for his grade. The theme was, "Agriculture Grows My Community". I get to work with some talented kids (and teachers)!

No comments:

Post a Comment