Friday, May 31, 2013

The 2010-2011 School Year

Before I get into my high school quotes I should say that I saw some of my [elementary] students at the dentist yesterday. They seemed to be in shock that I was at their dentist until their mom explained to them, "Teachers go to the dentist, too."

On to the wisdom of high schoolers. I'm fairly certain that all of these quotes are from the 2010-2011 school year (my first full year of teaching).

Me: I can't hear. I'm old.
Kid: What? You're not old. Don't give me that. You still have a kid face.

Kid: Miss Black, you cold? You need to take that jacket off the hook like a telephone.

Kid: Hey Miss Black, do you remember music from the late 90s?
Me: Yea, why?
Kid: Man, I just miss that stuff.
Me: Me too.

Kid 1: Aw man, Miss Black I forgot my homework. And I did it, too!
Kid 2: Her baby ate it.

Graduating Senior: Miss Black, you've been a great teacher and I think you've got a great career ahead of you. And no offense, but I think how short you are helps students feel more comfortable and relate to you.
Me: Because they think they're more powerful than me?

Kid: We should take a field trip to Mexico!
Me: Why would I want to travel to a foreign country with you people?
Kid: We should take a field trip to Taco Bell!

Kid: I need you to come to work with me and tell me if the Mexicans are talking about me.

Kid: What does ________ mean? Some girl in the bathroom just called me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment