Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19-20, 2013

I'm a little behind in my posting...I have done something I thought I'd never do again: I am a student again! I have begun a program to get my principal certification through a cohort with Eastern Kentucky University. When I received my Bachelor's Degree, I thought that a Master's Degree was not for me. And when I got my Master's Degree I said, "That's it! No more!" And look at me now, back for round three. So when I finish this program in May 2015, remind me not to make any declarations about being done with school. Never say never--I might end up with a flippin' doctorate or something.

My classes this semester are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-8:30, so I'm going to apologize in advance if that delays any of my posts on here. But enough about that. On to the quotes! Well, on to the quotes that I can remember because my frazzled brain left my list of quotes on my desk at school.

A fifth grade class discusses why learning Spanish is a good idea...

Boy: If you were in a restaurant in like Paris or something and you wanted to be able to read the menu.
Me: Well, if you were in Paris, I would recommend learning French...but yes, you could travel to a country where they speak Spanish.

A fourth grade class discusses why learning Spanish is a good idea...

Girl: If you were going to Mexico for a fiesta and then you went shopping and you wanted to say, "I want that sweater! I want that burrito!"
Me: OK...so, travel.

When I have students practice commands I usually say the commands and have them do some sort of hand signal to indicate that they know what it means. For example, when I say silencio, they put their finger to their lips. It got a little weird with a second grade boy...

Me: Show me...silencio!...Umm, ok. Can you put your tongue back in your mouth? Because you're really creeping me out.
And two days later, a comment to the same boy...
Me: Sweetie, put your tongue back in your mouth. I'm pretty sure we had that conversation the last time I was here.

In a first grade class...

Girl: I love you!
Me: Aww! Thank you, sweetie! I love you, too!
Girl: I like you!...then she grabbed my hand. I wanted to see if your nails were pink.
Me: Nope, not at the moment.

This one isn't a quote, but it's precious. There is an adorable little kindergarten boy this year who cracks me up. He's tiny...approximately 8 inches tall. Well, not really, but he's tiny. He's clearly a little charmer. I was waiting outside their classroom today and as they approached he paused before entering the room, looked at me and bowed a very dramatic bow and then just walked into the room like nothing had happened. I laughed and the teacher's assistant told me that every time he looks at her, he winks. I said, "I bet he does."

No comments:

Post a Comment