Friday, August 30, 2013

August 30, 2013

I can't believe August is basically over! Today was actually fairly tame from a quote standpoint.

In my third grade class we were reviewing some information about numbers, colors, etc...

Me: So this one says, "My favorite color is ________." Just write your favorite color in Spanish.
Boy: How do you say chartreuse in Spanish?
Me: Why don't you just stick with the basic colors we've got listed? That's an intense favorite color.

Have I mentioned that renovations will start on our school next summer? Our lower playground has already been removed because they will begin bringing in the portables soon. Apparently these are some awesome portables with a cafeteria, bathrooms, and the whole shebang so they take awhile to assemble.

While waiting for my first grade class, their teacher relayed this conversation to me...

Mrs. Ramey: I hope you know you're at fault.
Me: What?
Mrs. Ramey: For the lower playground being removed, well according to a student. He told me the other day, "Do you know why that playground is gone? It's because Miss Black doesn't have a classroom. You know how we always have Spanish in the room? Well they're bringing in some buildings so that she can have a classroom."
That's right; it's all for me.

Another first grader told me all about his good behavior for the day (and he surprisingly didn't tell me anything about the shirt he was wearing)...
L: Miss Black, guess what? I been on green all day and if I stay on green all day I get to play with my Police Legos. I'm going to Michigan.
Me: That's awesome! (Then later at the end of class...)
L: Miss Black, guess what? I'm still on green. I think I'm going to earn my Police Legos reward.
Me: Honey I know you're still on green. I've literally been here this entire time and I haven't had you pull a card.

While reading the book Big Dog Little Dog, in order to discuss opposites, we got to the part where the dogs are on vacation and one dog skis while the other ice skates...

Boy: Miss Señorita Black, he could break through the ice and fall into the water
Me: Well, we'll just have to wait and see. That would be a pretty dark turn for this book to take.

Is any day complete without some wonderful quotes from AS? He may be the world's most entertaining kindergartener!...

AS: We've learned rojo and azul [in Spanish class].
Me: Can you guess what color we're going to learn next time?
AS: Umm, green? (no) Black? (no) Eight (haha, no) Gray? (no) taps on the door (brown? no) Rojo? (no) White? (no, I'll give you a hint, it's on your shoes) Brown? (no) Yellow? (yes) Yaaaay!

So in a few minutes, a fifth grade boy joins us waiting for the bell to ring. This isn't just any fifth grade boy. He's the BA tough guy who doesn't take shit from anyone. Of course, AS has never met a stranger so he walks right up to him...

AS: Lemme see your teeth!
Me: Did you just ask to see his teeth? I promise you that he has them and they look like teeth.

Even the school BA cannot help but smile at the 2 feet of sheer adorableness that is AS.

No comments:

Post a Comment