Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to School

It's almost time for my second year of teaching at an elementary school and I'm really looking forward to it! Well, I'm not looking forward to waking up at 5:30 a.m. as opposed to whenever-I-felt-like-it-o-clock. I am excited to see a lot of my students again and hearing all the hilarious things they have to say (and then writing about them on here). I anticipate this school year is going to be more hectic because I'm starting a program to earn my principal certification; it's basically like it's another Master's Degree. I'll be taking two classes this fall. They said that the first semester is the hardest, so I'm a bit nervous about that.

We had our back to school night the other night and lots of the kids came in with their parents to meet their new teachers. I didn't get to see many of my little ones because I was in the intermediate hall most of the night. I did have one interesting quote from a 5th grade boy.

He walked past me, held up some sort of action figure thing and said...

Boy: I brought a dragon head.
Me: Umm, of course you did.

The first two days before school are full of meetings and such for us teachers. I was at school all day today doing a variety of things. At one point, I noticed that my principal was staring at me during the morning meeting and I thought, "Oh no...my purple streaks in my hair are more noticeable and I'm going to have to get rid of them!" I saw her later in the office and it turns out that she likes them and that's why she was staring. So that was a nice, fun surprise!

I also have to add that I get the biggest kick out of my principal. She's really nice and has a very positive attitude. Today she said the funniest thing, at least I thought it was. We were in the middle of a meeting and we heard this big roll of thunder...

Principal: Was that thunder?
Several teachers: Yea.
Principal: We are living in...Brazil. Or wherever it rains a lot.
Me: Hahaha! That's the best thing I've heard all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment