Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 10, 2013

This morning on car duty, an excited kindergarten boy was walking up to school with his mom and he looked at me with a smile. I waved at him because I could tell he wanted to say hi. I guess he forgot how to say hola...

Boy: Hey buddy!
Me: Hi there!

The first class of the day was fifth grade. One thing I've learned from A is that he can always surprise me with his questions...

A: When will we be doing a PowerPoint in here?
Me: I don't do many PowerPoints in my classes. I can try to put some together. I wasn't aware you were so fond of them. Do you like PowerPoints?
A: Yes. We're connected.

I ran into a second grade girl in the hall. We waved at each other and after we walked past each other she turned back because she forgot to ask me something...

Girl: Oh, how's Spanish going?
Me: Spanish is going well...thanks for asking. [As though she isn't in my Spanish class?]

While walking with some first graders on their way towards the gym...

Girl: There's a staple in my shoe.
Me: A staple? Well, let's look and get it out of there.
Girl: It feels like a stapler.
Me: A stapler?
[In order to provide you with closure, it was a piece of mulch--not a staple or stapler.]

On Friday I was working with a third grade class on some sentences about school. Students had to fill in the blank with the appropriate vocabulary word. One sentence said "The principal of my school is _______." and students were supposed to fill in the name of our principal. One boy decided to go with a different option:
The principal of Squires is awesome. Hmm. That's not Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment