Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26, 2013

It's been a few days and I've finally got a spare minute to update the old blog. I've got a hodgepodge of quotes for you!

Kindergarten Girl: I'm going to be Ariel when I grow up.

Two of my students' parents own a pizza restaurant called Brick Oven Pizza. It's really good and it's one of only 2 places that has a gluten and egg free crust which means that I can actually eat it! I ordered one the other night while writing a lengthy paper for class, the next day I had the younger son in my kindergarten class...

Me: I had some pizza from your parents' restaurant last night. And I brought the leftovers for lunch today.
Kids: Yay!
Me: No, I brought them for me. I didn't bring pizza for everyone.
Boy: It's my pizza restaurant, you should give it to me.
Me: What? I actually have to pay for it. You can probably eat it for free.
Boy: No. I have to pay for it. I have a wallet.
...
Boy 2: You can drive, so give me some money.
Me: I can drive so I should give you money? I fail to see your logic. I have less money because I can drive. I have to pay for a car, gas, and insurance.

Apparently one of my fourth grade girls has a crush on a fifth grade boy and he was literally ALL she talked about for the entire hour the other day. It drove me nuts.

Girl: Miss Señorita Black, do you know so-and-so? He's a fifth grader?
Me: I teach the entire school, yes I know him. Why?
Entire Class: She likes him.
...
Me: You need to finish your work so you get all your points for today!
Girl: If I finish my Spanish work will you tell so-and-so?
Me: I'll walk down there and tell him right now. And just the other day he was saying to me, "You know what I love, Miss Señorita Black? Girls who finish their Spanish work."

Apparently I missed a quality M moment while I was in the building the other day!

M: I have a butterfly I trained to come when I whistle.

There must have been some sort of group at lunch the other day talking about how important it is to drink milk or something. They gave stickers to the kids and stuff. There were also stickers that looked like milk mustaches, which it took me ALL day to figure out what they were. By dismissal time, AS showed up with his milk mustache sticker...

AS: I have a mustache!
Me: I see that.
AS: I'm Mexican!
Me: Well I know that. [This is the moment I realized it was a milk mustache]

More fashion advice from M...

M: I like shorty-shorts because they're short...OMG! That classroom is amazing!

Ailments in kindergarten...

Boy: My arm hurts.
Me: I'm sorry, sweetie. I'm not an arm doctor.
Boy: I'm going to pass out now.
Me: Pass out due to your arm pain? Well, we'll miss you.
He then put his head on the table and continue to do the arm motions to the goodbye song with us.

AS was cute as always at dismissal time! Not only did he serenade me with a song about the color green, he invited me to play car with him. We were "driving" all over the place. He drove on an incredibly windy road while I sat in the backseat. Finally he asked me where I wanted to go...

AS: Where you wanna go? You wanna go Gatti Town or...Payless?
Me: Gatti Town or Payless? It's always between those 2 isn't it...well, where do you want to go?
AS: Gatti Town. 
Me: Let's go to Gatti Town.
He begins to "turn the wheel" about a zillion times
AS: It's farfarfarfarfarfarfarfarfarfarfarfar away.


No comments:

Post a Comment