Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 5, 2013

A kindergarten girl drew a picture of us
yesterday. She didn't say which one is me
and which is her.
Here's one I forgot from yesterday during car duty. A kindergarten girl started talking to the PE student teacher...

Girl: I saw you at the gym yesterday.
Teacher: You saw me at the gym?
Girl: Yea. Yesterday.
Teacher: What gym?
Me: Honey, do you mean you saw him in gym class?
Girl: Yea!

I couldn't help but overhear a first grade girl rambling while she was working with another teacher in the portable today...

Girl: ...They don't have good jars at Kroger. I hate plastic jars. We gotta get to reading!

Some interesting news from a kindergarten boy...

Boy: I have the strongest eyes in the world.
Me: Really? Well, I did not know that.

I actually spoke with the teacher of this kindergarten class for a bit. We discussed the cuteness of AS and how teachers should be able to take him home every night like most classes usually have a class "pet" (stuffed animal) that kids can take home every night. She told me about a girl in her class forgetting the word "agenda"...
I received another picture from another kindergarten girl
today. This is a drawing of the two of us. Apparently, I am
the one on the left. It's a striking resemblance.

Girl: Do I have to get my "Virginia" out every day?

Another teacher told me about this interaction she had with a fourth grade boy...

Teacher: How do you like fourth grade?
Boy: It's a lot like third grade, it's just a step up.

Discussing space vocabulary in the fourth grade...

Me: The next question says, "Neil Armstrong fue un ______." Who was Neil Armstrong?
Kids: The first man on the moon.
Boy: It was a fake! I saw it! See, what they did was...
Me: OK, we don't have time for that.
Boy: But can I tell you a story?
Me: Not right now.
Boy: Later?
Me: Sure.

Boy: Miss Señorita Black, what time was the moon landing?
Me: It was in 1969.
Boy: No, but what time?
Me: I don't know! All I know is that it was July 20, 1969. Is that not enough?

Dealing with a first grade girl who cries at the drop of a hat...

Me: Sweetie, you've got to stop crying over everything. It's OK.
Friend of Crying Girl: Yea. My mama says if you cry every morning you're gonna get a shot at the doctor.

Answering questions about colors in third grade...

Me: This sentence says, "Some jewelry is made out of ______." Which of our color words could you make jewelry out of? Something expensive that jewelry could be made out of...
Boy: Purple!
Me: Purple? You make jewelry out of purple?
Boy: Yea!
Me: Nooo...let's keep looking at the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment