Thursday, October 17, 2013

Let's Hear It For the Guests

None of these quotes were actually said to me, but they're hilarious just the same!

This one is from my friend who teaches sixth grade language arts. She sent it to me way back on October 7 and I finally remembered to add it! This was written from one student to another on a peer editing checklist for personal narratives...

"Your story was fantastic, but you better watch those commas, girl!"

The other day a first grade girl was reading a book about a guinea pig in the portable with one of our reading recovery teachers...

Teacher: Do you know what a guinea pig is?
Girl: Yes, it's a big, fat hamster!
Me: That's the best description of a guinea pig I've ever heard.

The fourth grade went on a field trip yesterday to McConnell Springs as well as the Living Arts and Science Center. While at McConnell Springs, the students saw some animals along the edge of the springs...

Boy: Hey Mrs. Abell, do you think that's a crocodile or an alligator? I can't tell which one it is.
Mrs. Abell: It's a turtle.

First grade was supposed to take a field trip to the pumpkin patch today but it was rescheduled because of the weather. However, they did deliver some fantastic quotes! The first comes from a class reading a book about a cat named Oliver...

Boy: My sister's name is Oliver!
Teacher: Really?
Boy: Yea!
Teacher: I'm not so sure about that.
Boy: Me either. Actually, I don't have a sister.

And the next is just a random TMI...

Kid: My mom is getting pregnant today.

**There should be plenty of quotes tomorrow as my boyfriend and I will be painting faces at the Fall Carnival!**

No comments:

Post a Comment