Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2, 2013

If you ask me, I think there's a conspiracy against Miss Señorita Black and her harmless blog. I've lost multiple papers with student quotes written on them! I have no idea where they've gone...maybe they'll all show up at the same time.

The good news is, I had my
school picture taken with
a rabbit.
More fashion advice from M...

M: I'm gonna get Jordan's so I can moonwalk.

A first grade boy stops me in the hallway...

Boy: Hey Miss Black, do you remember "Heeeey Macarena?"
Me: Uh yea, do you?

One day I encountered a third grade boy singing a song...

Boy: I knew you were trouble when you walked in...
Me: Taylor Swift? Really?

Apparently A's new thing is being picked up and/or attempting to pick up others...

A: Hey Miss Black, let's see if you can pick me up. [I am forced to pick him up]
Me: I think your back just popped a couple of times there, A.
A: Yea, I think you might be the best cracker.

It's been awhile since L (a first grade boy) delivered a quality quote...

L: Hey Miss Black, guess what? You know how you used to be able to take food out of the cafeteria?
Me: No, but go on.
L: Well, you still can. I have 2 crackers in my pocket.

A first grade girl explains trees and leaves...

Girl: When a tree has leaves it has hair. And when it gots no leaves, it's bald.

One morning, twin first grade boys were getting out of their car and they had this exchange with their mom...

Mom: Have a good day. Don't go kissing no girls!
Boy: We don't have girlfriends for crying out loud!

I was in a kindergarten class the other day and AS finished his work early. He asked me what I thought he should draw. Naturally, I said he should draw me. Here's what happened...

AS: That's [middle person] you.
Me: I see, it looks just like me. Who are all the other people?
AS: [Pointing to the 2 people on the left] That's you and that's you. [Pointing to the person with blue eyes] And that's you, too.
Me: That's an army of Señorita Blacks. I can tell that one is me because of the blue eyes.
AS: You crying because that rock is going to fall on your head. But Superman is come to save you.
Me: Well that's certainly lucky. Could you maybe add a cape to him so he doesn't look just like me?
*The drawing went on to contain another version of me that 2 monsters were going to eat, but once again I was saved by Superman.

I've also got 2 fifth grade stories from another teacher...

Teacher: Where are your hearing aids?
Boy: In my backpack.
Teacher: Why are they not in your ears?
Boy: Because when I take them out it gets quiet.
(Wouldn't we all like to have that option from time to time?)

A fifth grade student teacher saw A playing on the trellis at the back of the playground...

Teacher: A, you know you can't climb that. It's not part of the playground.
A: I know! It's not to play on. But I just can't control myself when I see it. It drives me crazy!
Teacher: Well try to stay off of it.
A: Sorry!

A note from Miss Señorita Black: I've added a new page to the site, it's called "Repite, Por Favor" and you can access it at the top of the page. It's devoted to the things I have to say over and over as a teacher (and never get tired of saying lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment