Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Disco Balls...and Sponge Bob is the Sponge

This is the only picture I couldn't post yesterday because it wasn't done. One of my first grade boys (an absolute favorite, to be honest) gave me the drawing as you see it on the left.

Boy: This is for you. You can color it any color you want.
Me: You're sure you don't want to color it?
Boy: No, it's for you. You can color it any color.
Me: Thank you, I will!

That afternoon, coloring seemed like the most sensible thing for me to do. Later on, he was in the portable for math intervention so before he left I made sure he saw that I was working on his picture.

Me: See, I'm coloring the picture you gave me! I'm using lots of different colors.
Boy: Good! That's what I wanted you to do. I made it to look like a disco ball.
Reading teacher: How do you know what a disco ball looks like?
Boy: From Sponge Bob. Patrick has one.
Teacher: Which one is Patrick again?
Me: The starfish.
Boy: And Sponge Bob is the sponge.
Me: Yes, Sponge Bob is the sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment