Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 28, 2014

Mrs. Abell and I were discussing the now cancelled Hawaiian vacation with AS and his bestie, AP...

Me: So, AS, AP told us yesterday that the trip to Hawaii was a trick.
AS: Yea, they tore it down.
Me: That's what he said. Apparently everyone knew about this but us. But, he said that we could go to McDonald's. He said there's a button we can press that makes a light come on.
AS starts jumping up and down as though he just won the lottery
AS: Ohhhhhh! Yay!
AP: Or we can have a party.
Mrs. Abell: We could have a party.
AS (to AP): Two senoritas...
Me: Now, I have a question. I know Mrs. Abell couldn't bring Hazel the bunny and Puff the Dragon to Hawaii on account of the sign about "no bunnies and no lizards" but can we take them to McDonald's?
AS: Hmm. Chickens.
Mrs. Abell: We can bring chickens? I have chickens.
Me:  Well bring 'em!
AS: OR, I know what we can do! We can make a surprise for you.
Mrs. Abell: What?
Me: He said that we can make a surprise for you.
AS: Oh, wait. We can't now because we just tell you.
Mrs. Abell: But you didn't tell me when you were going to do it.
AS: Oh yea. OK.

A second grade girl notices my T.A.R.D.I.S phone case...

Girl: Your phone case is from Doctor Who. I watch it with my Stepdad.
Me: It is. Who's your favorite Doctor?
Girl: The one with the powerful screwdriver.
Me: They all have a sonic screwdriver.
Girl: The one with the time machine.
Me: They all have a T.A.R.D.I.S. Does the Doctor you like wear a bowtie?
Girl: I don't know. Have you seen the rhinos?
Me: Yes. Does the Doctor you like wear glasses?
Girl: Sometimes.
Me: Does he wear a long skinny tie or a tie that looks like a hair bow?
Girl: A long tie.
Me: That means you like the 10th Doctor.
Girl: What?
Me: He's the 10th Doctor. It's not a big deal...but now it's time for computer, so in the words of your Doctor, allonsy.

In other news, I have created an Instagram account to use with my classes. I'll be posting pictures of things we do in class. There's a link over to the right side of this page in case you feel like checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment