Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Another message from Planet Unicorn...

1st Grade Girl: Miss Black, guess what? I'm a princess!
Me: Tell me something I don't know.
Girl: My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-father, was a King.
Me: Do you know what country he was a king of?
Girl: No. I'll ask my mom.
The next day...
Me: Did you find out what country you're a princess of?
Girl: Umm...this town.
Me: Wow, a Princess of Lexington. Who knew? Maybe he was the one who buried that gold in your front yard.
Girl: Maybe. Guess what else? My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-father, he had a wife.

Drawing outfits for Rana (The Weather Frog) in kindergarten...

Boy: In Spanish, his name is Rana. In English, I call him...Ron.

Reading about animal babies in reading recovery...

1st Grade Girl: Hippos can have babies?!?!

A few fifth grade girls are tired of being annoyed by the boy who sits with them...

Girl 1: Miss Black, do you have any duct tape?
Me: Not on me. But I have some zebra print duct tape out at my desk. Why?
Girl 1: So we can tape his mouth shut.
Me: Oh. Well, I'm pretty sure they don't want me taping kids' mouths shut.
Girl 2: Oh you don't have to tape it. You just have to give us the tape and then look away. We'll do the taping for you.
Me: Oh, touche.

Not only is AS cute, he does impressions...

AS: I can talk Luigi.
Me: You can talk Luigi?
AS: [In an Italian accent] It'sa me Luigi, can you give me some candy?
Me: You'll have to show Mrs. Abell that.
AS: OK.
The next day...
Me: Are you ready to show Mrs. Abell how you can talk like Luigi?
AS: I tell her in the hall, but she didn't hear.
Me: She didn't hear you?
AS: She have to listen.

Fifth grade boys know how to put money-related things into perspective...

Boy 1: Which would you rather have: a million dollars or a million waffles?
Boy 2: A million dollars, because the million waffles would go bad before you could eat them all.
Boy 3: I'd pick a million waffles. With a million syrups.

No comments:

Post a Comment