Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tales from the Fourth Grade

Fourth grade has been dishing up some winning quotes this year. I can't be with them all the time, but luckily I get the instant replays from my friends teaching them all they need to know. Many of these quotes are science related because 4th grade is the year that the kids really get to do lots of sciencey things.

I should also add that the 4th grade has quite a few pets; Mrs. Burlew's class has Harriet Potter the guinea pig and Mrs. Abell's class has Puff the bearded dragon and Hazel the rabbit.

Mrs. Abell: Can't I just call you Antonio's little brother?
Kid: You have a lot of names to learn. If that works for you, it works for me.

Boy: Mrs. Abell, would it be ok if I just follow you around all day?

Mrs. Abell: What do you want to learn this year in science class?
Student: How tadpoles evolved into elephants.

Student: Mrs. Abell, I have chickens at home and I want to bring one in to show you. Do you want me to bring a child, teenager or adult chicken?

Student: Mrs. Abell, I really like bearded dragons and rabbits...but can your next pet be an anteater?

Student (returning from science with Mrs. Abell): Mrs. Burlew, my science partner and I are going to borrow Harriet for a series of weeks for our science fair project. I'll give you more details later...

I've shared many quotes about a student called A before. A is now in 5th grade, but he definitely left his mark on the 4th grade teachers. He walked by them the other day...

A: I have something to tell you.
Mrs. Burlew: What is it, A?
A: You're going to be mad.
Mrs. Burlew: I'm not going to be mad, just tell me.
A: OK. I just farted on you.
Mrs. Burlew: Why would you do that?
A: Well, I was going to do it down there (by the 5th grade teachers), but I know you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment