Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In Love With Student Quotes

February 11, 2013     Kindergarteners say the best things!

The truth comes out with a kindergarten boy...

Him: How's it doing with your boyfriend? (Please note that the word boyfriend has about 18 o's when he says it)
Me: Good.
Him: No it's not.
Girl: Why do you do that? Just quit.
Him: Maybe it's just that I'm jealous. I'm jealous of him.
Me: Well maybe he's jealous of you because you get to see me every day.

A kindergarten girl impersonates Joey Tribbiani?...

Kindergarten Girl: Miss Black, how you doin'?

More shirt discussions with my 5 year old fashion boy...

Me: I realized I forgot to see your new Darth Vader shirt yesterday!
Him: Don't worry, I got another one at the store today. It's a Storm Trooper.
Me: And I have you in class today so I'll get to see it!

Born this way...

Kindergarten Girl: My mom says I was born for Spanish.

February 11, 2013     Another fantastic run-in with a fourth grade boy I like to call Jay-Z; I should preface this with the fact that he came up and started rubbing the back of my arms. This was concerning as he has previously pointed out which arm is thinner than the other...

Him: Cold!
Me: What?
Him: Your arms are cold...hey guys, come feel her arms! They're so cold!

February 12, 2013     Second grade boys discuss the lottery...

Boy 1: The lottery wastes money. You spend more than you could win.
Boy 2: No, it's been around since the 80's and it goes up one million dollars every year.
Boy 3: It's been around since like 1975.
Boy 1: It's still a waste of money.

February 13, 2013     All sorts of interesting things, from a variety of grades...

Kindergarten     
  • I got my shirt on that says "The Wookie ate my homework"!
  • Miss Black, I'm so much sorry!
  • I love Valentine's Day! It's my favorite love day.
  • Violets are red, roses are blue, your feet stink! (Insert cackling laughter)
First Grade    
  • Tell me who your girlfriend is, So-and-So. I can keep a secret. Wait, actually no I can't because I have a big mouth.
  • You know how those candy hearts say "Kiss Me"? How do you say kiss me in Spanish?
  • My stomach hurts. It always hurts when I'm scared. (I asked what she was scared of) Zombies.
Second Grade     One table discusses religion...
  • Miss Black, So-and-So says that God isn't his best, best, best, best, best, best friend!
  • He's not my best, best, best, best, best friend because I've never even met him.
Third Grade     A girl shows me a list she has written on her arm in pen and later recites a poem...
  • Have I ever told you that you sound like my mom? (Yes). I wish you were my mom.
  • Miss Black, look! It's charac...character...characteristics, however you say it, of Miss Black. Happy, nice, love, peace, cool, girls rule.
  • Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy Wuzzy ate a pear, Fuzzy Wuzzy died.
Fifth Grade     A girl wronged...
  • Someone ruined my life. They stole my lead pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment