Thursday, January 2, 2014

And We're Back

We returned to school today after a glorious two week break. For me that also means returning to my outdoor morning duty which is not my favorite, but it wasn't bad today. Speaking of not bad, I expected the kids to be somewhat insane today but most of the ones I encountered were pretty well behaved.

We're still talking about Three Kings' Day and kids were drawing what they'd like the Wise Men to leave them in their shoes that day...

4th Grade Boy: I drew a $100 bill.
Me: I see that.
Boy: I drew a gangsta face on it!
Me: A gangsta face...excellent.

Time was almost up in a second grade class...

Me: We have about cinco minutos until clean up.
Boy: Five minutes.
Me: That's right.
Boy: Cinco minutos. You say that in Spanish. That's because it's Spanish class, right?
Me: Yep. (You can't get anything by some people)

A first grade boy has some sort of time-saving plan for his mornings...

Boy: Maybe tomorrow morning, do we have school tomorrow?
Me: We're supposed to.
Boy: Maybe tomorrow what I can do is bring my clothes to school and go to the bathroom and change in the bathroom so then I won't have to get dressed at home.
Me: Ummm...I guess you could do that. (And then I walked away)

AS updated me on our ice skating plans...

AS: Miss Senorita Black, if we go ice skating the ice could crack and you might drown in the water.
Me: I might drown in the water? That's pretty dark...but a much more likely scenario if I were to go ice skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment