Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23, 2013

Crazy conversations with first graders...
Girl: I know how to say hola in Spanish. It's hola. Dora taught me that.
Boy 1: Dora doesn't know everything.
Girl: Yea, but she knows a lot. Do you know how to say hand in Spanish?
Me: How?
Girl: I don't know.
Me: It's mano.
Girl: Oh, like mono. It rhymes. Like cute and dute.
Me: Umm, yea. It does rhyme.
Girl: I can speak monkey. (She starts making monkey noises)
Boy 2: I can speak whale.
Me: Why am I here if you guys already speak all these different languages?
Boy 3: I can be a wolf. Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Girl: I can laugh like a hyena!

A first grade girl noticed my head congestion...
Girl: You sound snotty.
Me: I feel snotty.
Girl: I'm snotty. And coughy.

Waiting for dismissal with kindergarteners...
Boy 1: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: Yes, I do. Why?
Boy 1: I don't know. Some people don't have boyfriends.
Me: Well I haven't had him long; he's a new boyfriend.
Boy 2: How old is he? You have to be 16 or 17.
Me: He's 29.
Boy 2: Well, you have to be 17.
Me: I'm 27 so I think we're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment