Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5, 2013

This morning, I was in the fifth grade and we were working with Weather Frog (aka Rana). I realized that I had forgotten to teach the, the word for raincoat. So I taught them the word impermeable and then held up the raincoat for them to figure out what it meant. The thing you have to realize about Rana is that his raincoat lays on top of him. Rather than having a cut out space for his face, his raincoat just has his face in it. So it looks like a floating frog head wearing a yellow poncho. Without the backstory of Rana and his raincoat, this quote would seem odd...

Me: Aw, I forgot to teach you guys one more thing that Rana can wear! OK repite "impermeable".
Class: Impermeable
Me: And what is his impermeable? (As I show them the raincoat)
Boy: Baby sister!

Dismissal with the kindergarteners, and Miss Lash doesn't exist...

Boy: How's your boyfriend, Miss Lash?...Ahhhh! I called you Miss Lash! I mean how's your boyfriend, Miss Black?
Me: He's good. He's coming to see me tonight.
Boy: He smells like cheddar cheese and goofballs!
Me: Did you say goofballs?
Boy: No! I said he smells like cheddar cheese.
Me: Oh, well he doesn't. He's coming to see me tonight and on Sunday he's taking me to the aquarium to see penguins.
Girl 1: On Saturday I'm going to dance.
Girl 2: Who is this?
Me: My boyfriend. His name is Jerry.
Girl 2: Jerry? So he's a cartoon mouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment