Saturday, May 4, 2013

Elementary Art

One of the cutest things about elementary students is that they love to make and give you presents. I have so many drawings from kids, I decided to share them!

Up first, we have a few selections from the second grade. The [eerily accurate, other than my lack of hands] portrait was created by a girl and the note was written by a boy. The boy who did the drawing made sure to point out that there were flames on the top and on the bottom of his masterpiece.
 



Next we have some kindergarten drawings:

At Christmas time, we learned about Las Posadas and made luminarias out of paper bags. First up is a kindergarten boy working on his luminaria. The next two pictures are of the same bag made by a first grade girl. At first all you see is a speech bubble that says, "Hey, would you let me out please? I'm scared!" But when you fold down the flap there's an elf that says, "I love you!" I thought that was pretty clever. The last luminaria was also made by a first grade girl and she drew a fairly accurate depiction of Las Posadas in which people go around to houses and ask if there's any room for them.




On Valentine's Day, we colored Sweethearts with Spanish messages on them. These are some of my kindergartners working on that.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment