Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 8, 2013

A few kindergarteners telling me about their field trip to the Lexington Explorium (or Lexington Children's Museum as it was called in my day)...

Me: Did they have any costumes you could dress up in? I think they used to...
Girl: Yea! They had outfits for doctors and horse doctors.
M: There's no horse doctors!
Me: Yes there are. They're veterinarians.
M: You're not a vegetarian!
Me: Well no, I'm not. But we're talking about veterinarians...I'm not one of those either.

When asked to not forget to do something, here is one first grade boy's response...

Boy: Don't worry, I won't forget. I'll keep it...in my mind.

State testing has begun today and some kids just aren't fans...

4th grade boy: I HATE TESTING!!
Me: Well, don't worry...it'll be over soon enough.
Boy: NOOOOOO!!!!

Fifth grade girl: Miss Black, your makeup looks really good.
Me: Well, every once in awhile I put forth some effort.

Here's an article that makes me glad I turned down that side job as a bikini model.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment