Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 13, 2013

A first grade boy and his kindergarten were getting out of the car this morning...

Boy: Miss Black, I got to eat bacon in the car!
Me: Umm, awesome!

In grades 3-5 we are designing menus for our own restaurants to practice food vocabulary. Fourth grade had some interesting choices...

Me: What kind of restaurant are you making?
Boy: It's a cop restaurant. Only cops.
Me: That's cool. Your food is pretty expensive. You'll be rich if anyone can afford to come to your cop restaurant.
Boy: Yea! I'll be rich!
Me: Will you share some of your money with me?
Boy: Yea! Only if you can...say today's date.
Me: That's it? That's the stipulation? I think I can handle that.
Boy: Monday, May 12.
Me: It's actually Monday May 13, 2013. Now when you get rich, don't forget that I told you the date.

I'm finally finishing up food books with the kindergarteners. I think I've taken a photo of every single page this boy has done because they are so creative and hilarious!

This is his food page. I will explain the rice picture via the close-up below. The sandwich has a man stuck inside it. I think the spaghetti is fairly normal. Now the hamburger is actually a house made out of hamburger. My personal favorite has to be the group of eggs doing the Harlem Shake. I think the bread also has spiders with it. And the pizza is apparently at Pizza Hut with a random man. And the cheese has some sort of afro.

Here's the close-up of the rice. In my example drawing, there was a bowl of rice with chopsticks sticking out of it. So, this boy drew the same thing...sort of. There's a bowl (with arms and legs) and chopsticks. He decided to add his own caption that he explained to me as, "Chopee, chopee, chopsticks." Unfortunately, it actually says, "Chopee, chopee, cocksticks."

No comments:

Post a Comment