Friday, February 22, 2013

Stuck in the Middle

A friend of mine is in the process of getting her Master's in Education and has done some student teaching with middle schoolers (God bless her, because that is not the age for me). She enjoys this blog and mentioned having some good quotes from her middle schoolers; I said to send them my way and I'd add them to the blog. In a way I guess it's almost like I have a guest blogger for this post (even though I'm the one typing it).

A student raises her hand for help...

Student 1: What's the word for, when you have done something wrong and you feel bad about it?
Student 2 (sits behind Student 1): Guilty?
Student 1: Yeah, that's it!
Student one returns to writing and my friend looks at Student 2...
Me: How did you know what she was talking about?
Student 2: I guessed. I learned that word on Hoarders. This woman's son had died and she felt really guilty so she started collecting trash. Shew, her house was dirty!
Me: Well at least you're learning vocabulary.

I arrived at school one day and it was snowing outside, but the ground was way too warm for it to stick so the roads were just wet...

Student: Are we going to get out early?
Me: No, I don't think so. It's not sticking to the road at all, it's just wet everywhere.
Student: Well, those conditions sound hazardous.

No comments:

Post a Comment