Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28, 2013

Before I post the quotes of the day, I have to share a link to this story. It makes me think of so many of my kids who are very serious about following the rules.

Reading Huevos Verdes con Jamón...

Kindergarten Boy: Do you want some verde eggs and ham?

First Grade Boy: Why does it say "Poor Dr. Seuss"?
Me: It says "por Dr. Seuss," in Spanish por means by.

For the second day in a row, there has only been one kindergartener waiting with me for dismissal...

Me: I like your necklace.
Girl: My grandma got it for me for my birthday.
Me: When's your birthday?
Girl: July 11th.
Me: Do you remember when my birthday is? *(She asked me about it yesterday)
Girl: No.
Me: March 12th. What are you going to get me?
Girl: I don't know where your house is.
Me: You can bring it to school. What are you going to get me?
Girl: I don't know.
Me: A pony? A unicorn?
Girl: Noooo. You can't buy a unicorn. They aren't real.
Me: Are you serious?! Aww man! Do you want to know what I'm doing for my birthday? My boyfriend is taking me to the aquarium so I can meet and hold a penguin.
Girl: My mom won't let me hold a penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment